Sunday, February 3, 2013

More Memories

Wow!  I am not sure where the past 4 months have gone.  This year is flying!  Below you will find some snapshots of some of the memories that have been made in my classroom since my last entry.  I hope it won't take me another 4 months to give an update!  

 My students created some interesting giants to write stories about.


 Merry Christmas
It feels a bit like July when Christmas is celebrated here...wait a minute it kind of always feels like July temperature-wise anyhow.

This past week my class went on a field trip to the Phnom Tamao Zoo.  My class really enjoyed the trip.  Many of them saw animals they had never seen before.

 Monkeys like the one above roamed around freely.  While they may be cute...unfortunately one of my boys had his snack stolen right out of his hand...hence the big smiles and shocked face in the picture below.









 Isaac found the exoskeleton of a rather large python.

 Worn out bunch from all the walking in the heat...made for a welcomed quiet trip back to school...so many fell asleep!

As I reflect on the past year and half, I am so grateful for so many things.  I am grateful for this opportunity God has given me to teach some incredible students.  It has been a joy to share His love with them.  I am also grateful for the daily guidance and wisdom He has given me with access to limited resources.  There may be no textbooks, technology, or sometimes even power...but He has helped me every step of the way.  I am looking forward to seeing what He has planned for the next four months with my amazing class!  

1 comment:

  1. Love the update Maria, especially the giants. They look so creative and full of character. Time flies when you are having fun! The next four months will go so fast so don't forget to update us before then.

    ReplyDelete